Thursday, February 18, 2010

... and then, there was Three!

WELCOME HOME JAXTON KYLE AVANCE!!! He is finally here! And I could not be more thrilled! I should be sleeping, but what grown person can really sleep comfortably while wearing a diaper?!? So here I am, going on day 3 with no sleep, and blogging.
We went to see our dr on Monday and I was dilated to a 3 and 80+% effaced. The dr did his ever so fun vaginal exam and stated very as-a-matter-of-factly "this is gonna be your week" to my response "and if it's not?" He just laughed it off and said "Then it will for sure be next week"... Geez, thanks for some reassurance doc! So Kyle and I went home and made up the bag we would be taking to the hospital. We had to run to Walmart for a few things and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to walk for awhile, so I put on better shoes and we went. I was so uncomfortable the whole time. Way worse than I have been this whole pregnancy. It was awful. I could barely move, let alone walk, but I was determined to get this baby OUT! We went home and decided to take a nap since Kyle worked a grave that night, and I woke up soon after with the worst contraction I had had yet. It was awful! And then they started coming every 10-15 minutes. It was no fun... especially being awake all night, alone. It was really hard. And I figured, well they are not speeding up, just staying consistent so I will be ok.
Tuesday and Thursday are my really really long school days. I go to school from 8 to about 5 (like a real job except listening to people lecture about crap I literally don't even care about and I don't get paid to be there) and I struggled with whether or not I should even bother going. I hadn't slept at all and my contractions were still as consistent and just as painful! I talked to my mom and since she had been through it before she reassured me that my contractions could change from 10-15 minutes to 3-5 minutes fast, so it would be best to stay home. So that's what I did. I spent another day in bed and dealt with 10-15 minute intervals between my contractions for another full day! Kyle plays volleyball on Tuesday nights and I went with him this time so I could just walk the track at SUU... so I walked and walked and walked, 2 hours later... still NO progress!!! They were every 10 minutes and SO much more painful. So I went another whole night with no sleep and alone, since Kyle worked another grave. And boy oh boy was that night fun!
Kyle got home on Wednesday morning and I was crying. I had been having contractions for 2 days straight and they were the worst! I was not about to discredit my pain by saying they were only braxton hicks... oh no, these were worse! And they were no changing to every 5 minutes, but less intense. I was so frustrated, but Kyle convinced me that if nothing else, we needed to go to the hospital and have them do a check to make sure everything was ok. So that is what we did. I was admitted right away, was dilated to a 4.5 and completely effaced. I had every intention of doing a natural birth but I had been in pain for the past 2 days, and it was awful pain and frankly, I had had enough! So they hooked up the epideral and they checked on me in an hour, and I was at a 9!!!! They waited about 2 hours for the whole cervix to be gone (I had some left on the right side) and then we started pushing... and I got to watch the whole thing. The dr got there and on his like 3 push I suddenly hear "Ok stop pushing" Jaxton had just popped himself out and was just coming out, the dr wasn't even ready! And here he is! I am so excited! Kyle is also stoked! And he is such a cute baby... and a real cute baby (not just because we are his parents!!!) I love him so much... but here is the only reason anyone even bothered reading this post... pictures!!!!



Mommy and babyJaxton Kyle Avance 7 lbs 12 ounces and 20.5 inches long

My daddy and me

still all gross but oh so cute!

Yep... he is all boy and we LOVE it!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is a pretty crazy birth story. Apparently it was worth it because he is very cute! And I really can't believe you are blogging. I got so behind the first few weeks after Weston was born. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I liked the story just as much as the pictures. He is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to motherhood! It's amazing, I am so so happy for you guys! I always love reading birth stories, and yours sounded pretty intense. But it's funny how all that is all frogotten as soon as that little angel is placed in your arms... so worth it! Enjoy every moment! It goes by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! I am sooooooooo STOKED!!! WE will be down on Saturday to greet the newest addition!!! Motherhood is going to change EVERYTHING!!! There is nothing else like it in all the world. It is the greatest blessing on earth anyone could ever ask for.

    ReplyDelete